Sunday, March 6, 2011

MIAC Hockey Champs

Last night the Hamline Men's Hockey team won it's first postseason championship in a really long time. I'm not really sure if it's their first ever because they won their first regular season championship since 1960 a couple of years ago. They started out the game with a bang with a goal 52 seconds into the game. Two more goals were scored before the end of the period and they were up 3-0 going into the stanza. The final score ended up 5-2. NCAA Tournament starts next week and we'll wait to see who the Pipers will draw.

I actually left the game after the first period to go watch the Carolina-Duke. That was the plan the whole time and I was fortunate enough to see us go up 3-0 before I left. On top of the Pipers winning the championship, the Tar Heels dismantled the Blue Devils to win the ACC regular season title. I'll take it.

St. Thomas won both of their games this weekend against Northwestern and then Illinois Wesleyan to advance to the "Sweet 16." Games will be played at Augustana down in Illinois for the right to advance to the Final Four in Salem, VA. Not sure who the Tommies will play but UW-Stevens Point is also in the bracket. Should be a good one. As much as it pains me to say, I'd like them to do well to help our conference look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment