Thursday, February 24, 2011

My All MIAC Picks

Here are my picks for All MIAC team. I'm going to pick them a little different than the league does and have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team and that is all. I believe the official All MIAC selections come out within the next ten days.

First Team
Jeremy Sutherland - Carleton
Tyler Nicolai - St. Thomas
Aaron Burtzel - St. John's
Carl Hipp - Hamilne
Bobby Fong - St. Olaf

Second Team
Alex Healy - St. Thomas
Chris Palmer - St. Mary's
Seth Jonker - Carleton
Stu Neville - St. Olaf
Seth Anderson - Gustavus

Third Team
Mike Campbell - Hamline
Darrin Olmschied - Concordia
Pierce Peters - Macalester
Cory Polta - Augsburg
Will Wright - St. Mary's
Tommy Hannon - St. Thomas
Andy Burns - St. John's

Again, this is based purely off of my viewings of each team. I know, my 3rd team has seven guys on it but guys keep popping into my head that kicked our butt. The first team that I assembled (kind of), my guess is that they could compete with any other conference's top five.

As far as conference player of the year, I'm completely torn with three different guys. Jeremy Sutherland, Tyler Nicolai, and Carl Hipp. These three guys have led their teams to top 3 finishes in the league and all three of them will be sorely missed by opposing coaches (oozing sarcasm with that one).

Once again, we play at St. Thomas tomorrow for a chance to make it to the MIAC Championship game. I'll have a link to the game at sometime tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment