Monday, June 8, 2009

Games 1 and 2 with some Ramblings

I wasn't able to watch most of Game 1 of the Finals because of the extreme hockey presence here in Minnesota. I guess the Pens-Wings series is a little more important, though not in my world. I was really surprised that SVG played Jameer Nelson a lot during game 1. I will never understand why coaches consistently play guys that have been out for extended periods of time during big moments. They are usually not in "game" shape, team chemistry isn't where it should be, and last but not least no reason to risk another injury. Jameer played the whole 2nd quarter, way too long for someone who hasn't played a game in at least three months. The Lakers totally dominated the game and it seemed that the Magic had jitters the whole game and couldn't do anything.

Now onto Game 2 where SVG made a ton of adjustments, which he has all playoffs long, and the Magic seemed to have the game in their grasp. Hedo making huge shots, Rashard Lewis hitting everything, and a JJ's hair sighting. Courtney Lee missed two layups in the last 10 seconds, do I blame him, no but they certainly made a difference. I thought the Magic would win in OT because of the momentum but they had no balance with no point guard in the game. You can play for small stretches without a point guard but not five minute streches. That will be the only time I will question SVG and his coaching. By the way, how many end of game plays does SVG have in his arsenal. They seem to run the right one everytime and get great looks almost everytime. I will definitely add a couple into my notebook.

Once again Kobe is a fraud. This scowl he has developed is such a joke. Check out Bobby Knight's rant about game faces on youtube and you'll see what a idiot Kobe is. Kobe is still probably the best player in the league but enough of the Hollywood acting.

This weekend starts one of my favorite times of the year. The Road to Omaha is complete and the College World Series is starting. I don't think there is a Fresno St. this year but it should be interesting. I watched a bunch of Super Regional games this past weekend and they were all exceptional. UNC, UVa, Southern Miss, Arizona St., LSU, Cal St. Fullerton, Arkansas and the winner of tonight's Texas/TCU all advanced to Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment