Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Game 3, JVG, and Sportsmanship

First it was Pietrus and now Courtney Lee has done a pretty good job on a league superstar. I love Courtney Lee's 'tude. He doesn't back down at all, from anyone. He plays the way it's supposed to be played. Speaking of how it's supposed to be played, Pau Gasol plays how I would want anyone of my post players to play. It seems that good things happen whenever he touches the ball. Therefore, he needs more touches. There are times when he plays a little too European with his antics but on the offensive end he does a great job of finishing as well as passing out of the post.

I don't know if I've ever seen two teams shoot as well as these teams have tonight. It certainly isn't one of those defensive slumberknockers, George Karl should be proud. Once again Joey Crawford is working a huge game during the playoffs, and of course he makes a difference. Kobe proved me wrong on my theory about great players making free throws in the 4th. I guess Kobe's gamefame wasn't intense enough because he didn't play very well in 4th.

Jeff Van Gundy is probably my favorite color guy in the NBA right now. He gives great insights as well as adding a little humor into the mix. Him teaming with Mark Jackson make up my favorite color combo since Bill Walton and Steve "Snapper" Jones. Not too mention he is an Upstate NY guy, makes him even better. SVG (moustache) and JVG (no moustache), what a combo.

As JVG mentioned during the telecast, there is too much sportsmanship going on during the Finals. I wholeheartingly agree. I think sportsmanship is a bunch of bologna. I don't want guys talking to the other team before or during a game, to help opponents off the ground, or to shake hands before the tip. I want guys that would be willing to back me up during a back alley brawl. Once they get in between those lines, it's all business. It doesn't matter if you are thumb wrestling, playing basketball, ping-pong, or chess, you are there to win. It's that simple.

Tim Floyd will have a whole writeup to himself tomorrow.

On Friday, make sure you check out Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. I know it's on NBC and no one cares about hockey besides Pens and Wings fans and the state of Minnesota, the series has been great so far. I'm not a huge hockey fan but I've watched more playoff hockey this year than I have in the past ten years. Crosby, Malkin, and Staal matching up with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom. Should be a great game.

I'm also going to recommend a movie to you, The Hangover. It has to be the funniest movie of the summer. Too many one liners to remember. Plus, Mike Tyson makes an appearance. He goes on Jimmy Kimmel and he makes it hilarious. He has post fight comments and he makes it hilarious. He makes this movie even more hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment