Tuesday, September 30, 2014

#Grindin

Every single day I see coaches and players talk about "the grind." People that grind are people that are working three jobs in order to support their family. Basketball has nothing to do with "grinding." Doing something you love to do is never a grind.

"Grinding at the gym today." I was grinding on the elliptical today for 30 minutes. You should've seen my shirt, it was wet and my light grey shirt looked really dark. I wasn't grinding, I was working out. Just like that 65 year old women who was getting her jazzercise on. During basketball season, I "grind" every day. I will even "grind" while sitting on my couch watching film and eating trail mix. Now's that's grindin'.

The best part of "the grind" is that every time it's actually exactly what they are supposed to do. And that is working on their game and/or getting better at their profession. People don't need to know about that because that is how you get better. Imagine a coach taking a picture in practice every time their team reverses the ball. That's how ridiculous #grindin is.

Same thing goes for all these trainers tweeting pictures of their "workout" guys after their skills session. Looks awesome, seeing kids with sweat stains on their shirt is always good for business. Makes me want to send my guys that way especially knowing all the #grindin they do isn't at game speed or in game like situations.

If you make a cool video like this I'll live with #grindin but otherwise stop



No comments:

Post a Comment