Monday, January 9, 2012

St. John's 1/7/12

On Saturday afternoon we took on the Johnnies at Hutton Arena before a pro-St. John's crowd. They had been one of, if not the hottest team in the conference going into the game. They beat St. Thomas up in Collegeville last week and it clearly gave them some big time momentum going into the second half of the MIAC schedule.

I won't go into the game much besides the fact of being extremely disappointed in our effort throughout the first half. The beginning of the second half was much better then we hit a dry spell and couldn't really get back into the game. Missed a bunch of assignments that cost us dearly. We have to be able to carry over the things we preach in practice to games. We didn't do that and it cost us the game.

So far, we've been as up and down as you can. We just don't know what we are going to get from our guys on a daily basis. Problem is, we will have to fix these issues on the fly because there isn't much time to get the ship righted (I don't even know if that's a word) with the brunt of our MIAC schedule coming up.

It was a pretty crappy Saturday for me personally as we lost, the Lions lost, and I lost my grandfather (obviously, this is much more important and the other two aren't even close). I will be honoring him throughout the rest of the season with something that you will have to see for yourself whether it be in person or on the webcast.

1 comment:

  1. My condolances for your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete