Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bethel 1/14/12

This afternoon we took on the Navyies from Bethel aka the Royals. They had just lost to our next opponent St Mary's on Wednesday. Bethel has been hit by the injury bug a lot this year as many guys have missed numerous games. I don't think they have had the same starting lineup in multiple games this year. They are definitely dangerous though. They have a bunch of high volume scorers they can be tough to contain. A lot like St Olaf when healthy.

We got off to a decent start and it looked like the game would be tailor made to our tempo. Both teams weren't exactly playing stellar defense (surprise, surprise). We seemed to have the game in control but then we took a bunch of bad shots along with a couple of turnovers. Bethel ended taking a five point lead with about two minutes to go in the half. Then...all of a sudden we clicked. Guys were all over the place ad we ended up taking a five point lead into halftime.

The second half started much like how the first half ended. We took a 14 point lead and had the Navyies in their heels. As quickly as we attacked them, they came right back led by Taylor Hall. He was pretty dominant in the second half as we couldn't contain him. Bethel got as close as 4 late but we held on for the victory, barely.

I am honestly not sure if the final stats were right or not because they weren't close as halftime. I left as soon as the game was over to head to the airport to get to my grandfather's funeral services tomorrow and Monday.

My flight gets back around 630pm on Monday so I'll arrive just before the game. I know some people have noticed but this is what I have been doing to honor my grandfather over the past couple if games.

No comments:

Post a Comment